Pursang 370 stancions

Paddy Conway

You can repair them too, they can re realigned and get a new hardchrome surface too.
There should be too some manufactories in Irlenad and of course there are some in the UK.

You can also sent them to Wissing Hartchrom in Germany they do a very good job,
they have done already several stanchions for me:

http://www.wissinghartchrom.de/fertigung/motorrad-standrohre.html

Yes rechroming is an option but these forks shown are heavily pitted,the amount of work to prep these areas will add greatly to what is and expensive undertaking to start with.

Other 35mm forks may well fit as many earlier Japanese bikes ran 35mm or you have the option of going for secondhand originals as you have been offered on here.

Good luck.

12 hours ago, Paddy Conway said:

Hi i am looking for a set of fork stanchions for my pursang 370 mk11.

35mm X 645mm

Can anybody put me in the right direction.

Thanks 

IMG_20180315_101555.jpg

Looks like the bikes been used as an anchor 

12 hours ago, Paddy Conway said:

Hi i am looking for a set of fork stanchions for my pursang 370 mk11.

35mm X 645mm

Can anybody put me in the right direction.

Thanks 

IMG_20180315_101555.jpg

Looks like the forks have been in salt water. There are loads of companies that do hard chroming and regrind to size. It all depends on how deep the corrosion has gone. There are also some engineers out there that will make new stanchions for you probably ar the same cost of refurbing the original. Have a Google search on front fork repairs, Hope you get them sorted.? In Motion have a complete Pursang rolling chassis advertised on their site, just in case.

Edited by section swept

42 minutes ago, potto said:

Yes rechroming is an option but these forks shown are heavily pitted,the amount of work to prep these areas will add greatly to what is and expensive undertaking to start with.

Other 35mm forks may well fit as many earlier Japanese bikes ran 35mm or you have the option of going for secondhand originals as you have been offered on here.

Good luck.

The manufacturer I mentioned will in heavy cases just apply more hard chrome so it can be grinded down again to the specific diameter you need. They have written it down in the website I put a link too (sadly just in German), see there when you use google translate to look at the page in English.

Hi Paddy, E&G Manley Engineering http://manlyengineering.ie/ in Ashbourne, Co. Meath that will more than likely be able to re chrome the forks for you. They are motorcyclists themselves and do very good work.

The Matadore won't do the job for you as the travel is considerably shorter.

Would love to see your Mk11 sometime.

Edited by model80

Paddy,

I have been up the shed and dug out the forks. They are not perfect but would repair a lot easier than the ones on your bike. I aquired these as a job lot of parts when I rebuilding my M215 Frontera. I have tried to show the rust but the flash is making them look slightly better than actualy are and it is currently chuking down with rain outside so this is the best available photo's at the moment. I have no use of them so yours for postage and package costs. Let me know if you require them. Complete forks or just the stanchions, let me know what you require. PM me your address and I will sort out a cost.

Stuart

P3301943.JPG

P3301944.JPG

P3301947.JPG

P3301948.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1