keeping a bike looking nice

gassergod

Isn't the end all way but one thing I will do is buy new fenders (un-stickered) and then swap them for general riding so I can put the nice ones on for events or if I ever sell the bike.  Also never a bad thing consider getting a new sticker kit to replace any stickers that get messed up over time.  

Stay away from rocks and mud and rough ground..only ride in the dry and lavish loads of wax on the shiney bits and loads of polishing and fine adjusting to adjustable bits. Avoid running the engine at all costs as this may well show up faults that will mean you may need to take half the bike apart to get at one single adjuster screw to correct, that could mean scratched nuts?and bolts?and possibly a few panels marked to??. When you are not thinking about actually riding or even starting the bike use plenty of protective wrapping around....everything and turn up the thermostat on the heating to drive away any chance of moisture discolouring any untaxed parts. Use Ukenuba honey to keep the tyres and other rubber parts in tip top as new and unused condition. Whatever you do for goodness sake don’t put just plain petrol in the fuel tank as heaven knows-what that will do to all the tiny weeny holes the stuff is expected to flow through, they keep putting additives in to compensate for euro 98+ regs fig juice would have a better octane rating?. There I’ve said it...how to keep your bike looking nice!??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Go out and get it as muddy as you can. Drop it clean your self off and keep riding. Get home wash it well and admire how good it looks. Then say to your self that was fun. And then do it again. These bikes are amazingly forgiving. The fun factor immense!!

• Like 2

Best idea to keep them looking nice is frame/fork protecters etc and use helicopter tape to protect areas where your boots rub, also clean it thouroughly after every ride and spray plenty of wd40 round the engine and any areas vulnerable to corrosion