hanguard install 2013 sherco 250st

stubb111

hello...new to trials but not bikes, I have a question regarding mounting handguards (acerbic rally) on my newly purchased 2013 sherco 250st the throttle tube has bearing on the end. is this stock? any help, I cant be first one to install these on a trials bike.  pro taper has a few options for there bearing throttle not sure which will work as it looks like same generic picture for all option units.  any help would be appreciated.......thanks

not sure of add ons yet....I have only rode it the driveway once, waiting for snow to melt here and work to slow up a bit.  I have a very helpful dealer sort of close by who is going to send me an email on some suggested add ons, not sure what bike has on it right now, I do know it has a s2 head not sure much else at the moment.  where is best place to find accessories for the bike.....thanks for help and suggestions

If it is a fully equpped standard bike then there should be no need for "add ons".  Better to concentrate on the change in technique required to ride a trials bike than what gewgaws to spend money on.  Once you have some experience you will be better placed to judge whether or not the bike has any deficiencies.

I am not familiar with the hand guards your considering. One thing to consider is if they are the full loop type,the potential of your hand /arm being caught in them during a spill can result in some Nasty bodily damage...it quite common.. 

It’s a Trials bike not a rip snorting super motard. Just how many trials  TRIALS bike have you seen with full hand guards??? Even Carl Fogarty only used them once and that was to stop other riders yanking his brake lever on, that don’t happen in trials. Save your hard earned ????and ride the bike to find out what you really need. We have a saying here in UK it is this....”All the gear and no idea”. No disparaging remarks intended against you, but you are heading that way??????

Edited by section swept

5 hours ago, oni nou said:

Take the throttle that has a bearing off and fit one that does not have one ...problem solved......Trials motorcycles have their own equipment manufacturers not connected to Moto-X stuff like pro taper  Domino throttles are the ones that are mainly supplied OEM.......  RYP shercousa.com will be able to supply what you need.

Will you be adding a nose fairing and belly pan

Don’t forget rearsets and clip-ons! Oh and louder power sapping exhaust!

33 minutes ago, oni nou said:

CSP billet clutch is a good add on approx. $800  ...An OHLINS rear shock $600 .CSP Fuel tank billet cap $70.......... Raptor titanium Footrests $190 .....Renthal fatbars $90 and there are plenty more visit www.splatshop.co.uk for an aladdins cave of accessorising things and stuff.

Don’t forget the gold toe capped Alpine Stars boots and the super lightweight knotted handkerchief head wear! Helmets are so last year and the riders clobber is sooo important.

Edited by section swept