Comerfords Tiger Cub

martinh

• 1 month later...

On 02/04/2018 at 10:17 AM, martinh said:

Hello, I'm restoring a 1962 Comerfords Tiger Cub. Has anyone got one of these so I can have some pictures? Just want to try and sort out what it should look like. Also, mine has a 4.00 rear tyre on it that rubs the swinging arm. Would the original bike have a had 3.50 or 3.75 tyre maybe? I know you can get wider rear frames. It if it came with standard width, I'd rather leave it like that. Thanks in advance! Martin. 

Hi there I have a Comerford's cub and have plenty of photos if you want to see them

IMG_20180929_150149.jpg

IMG_20180929_150240.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Hi Martin,

Sorry to say yours is not a Comerfords Cub, I have a 67 Commerfords which I purchased in South Africa, there were two (2) brought into the country and one (1) is still there, mine is now in the USA.

I have used it since 2008 in modern trials but, unfortunately I have "modernized" the steering angle and foot rest position but retained the oil tank and fuel tank.  Should you want any photos please message me back and I will send them.

Kind regards,

Nick

• 5 months later...

• 2 years later...

HI Gents,

I own what I believe is an original Comerford Tiger Cub, it has been sitting for 20 years and will need a full re build, anyone with information re these bikes would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Lee Hewitt

Melbourne Australia

Hi Lee, 

Here is a pic of mine, which has been confirmed as a genuine  Comeefords Cub.

Get in touch with Mike Estall at Tigercubclub.com. He can confirm if yours is indeed a Comerfords and you can get a dating cert from him.

Shout if you need help.

Bruce

20190306_103840_IMG_1593.JPG

20190306_103758_IMG_1592.JPG

20190306_103748_IMG_1594.JPG

• Like 1