Paioli Fork leaking

trialmarc

Hello Guys!

Paioli 38mm forks on my 2000 Rev3 leaks when the bike is parked for 10-15mins. If you imagine the direction of travel as reference axis, then the point of leak is 180 degrees. If I wipe away the oil leak and compress the forks few times and check oil on the stanchion, there is no oil leak. However if I park the bike for say 10-15 mins then oil leak can be seen.

Suspension shop says that the oil seal is tight and the oil is leaking because of compromised o-ring. Has anyone experienced this? Is the o-ring a generic type i can find here in the USA? or do I get the o-ring from UK trials shops?

Appreciate your help!

IMG_20180403_143648.jpg

IMG_20180403_143700.jpg

Thanks for your responses guys!

@oni-nou: you are correct that the clip is reflection and it is in the groove around fork slider. Seals are SKF and they are only 2 months old. So here I am hoping it is not bushings as you say.

I have seen forks being cleaned with plastic strip, is it a good alternative while I procure the tool?

Thank you!!

8 hours ago, lineaway said:

The clip looks in the wrong place 2nd photo.

Yep agree and that’s the cause of the leak! A strip cut from a yogurt pot will clean the seal lip if you are careful. That clip just doesn’t look right, reflection or not!!!??‍?

Edited by section swept