C15 Gudgeon pin

eiger

Evening folks, I'd be grateful of any advice for two problems, the first is in relation to a Triumph piston which I've bought from Burton Bike Bits as an upgrade for my 1960 C15 I've had the barrel rebored to 69mm but on fitting the recommended Triumph piston the gudgeon pin is too tight in the little end, it'll fit but far too tight. Do I need a different little end bush or is the con-rod just incompatible?

The other problem concerns the clutch actuator arm, where the clutch pushrod seats into the barrel in the arm, the barrel has a pin through it but the pin carrier has sheared and no body has a replacement part, I could fabricate something solid but it looks like a bearing should be there to prevent wear at the end of the clutch push rod when it rotates in the carrier.

Any advice much appreciated.

Ta.

Pete. 

The gudgeon pin should be a sliding fit inside the little end bush. You should be able to ease out the ID of the bush for a slide fit using an adjustable reamer, very carefully so as to maintain the correct alignment. Usually, pushrods have a ball bearing at one end or both, to allow for clutch drum rotation, maybe you can make up a carrier that incorporates a 5 or 6mm diameter ball bearing. Bye, Peter B.

As Peter says, try reaming it out a little. The Triumph pin is larger as you have found . Best to have a couple of bushes spare as it can be a bit hit or miss- often the last cut can be too much. Adjustable reamers move around if they are held by the hand only, and the ends of the bush gets more of a cut than the middle