Shifting issues

Combat66

My 2016 Camo had been working great, then started having shifting troubles. The lever sticks in up position after shifting up, can’t make another shift until push down slightly and then back up, almost like using a ratchet driver. In neutral the lever has a lot of free play in both directions. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Problem is very likely to be the selector stop bolt that will have sheared, you can't see it on the drawing above but you need to remove the clutch basket to get to this and will need an M20 x 2.0 pitch bolt to use as an extractor for the centre after first removing the centre allen screw and cupped washer. When refitting the centre, do not use the screw to do this, locate the centre on the splines and tap in with a wooden drift. Bye, Peter B.

• Like 1

Problem is very likely to be the selector stop bolt that will have sheared, you can't see it on the drawing above but you need to remove the clutch basket to get to this and will need an M20 x 2.0 pitch bolt to use as an extractor for the centre after first removing the centre allen screw and cupped washer. When refitting the centre, do not use the screw to do this, locate the centre on the splines and tap in with a wooden drift. Bye, Peter B.

I had the same issue as you when the bike was basically new, started out to just miss a little, then got so bad within a day I barely finished and event.  It was exactly what Peterb described and turns out was due to an over-torque at the factory.  Bolt head cracked off.

FYI you have to pull the gear position sensor to get access to that side of the motor which then requires a reset.  Pretty sure you need ECU access to do the reset (the fuel maps look to see what gear you're in)

• Sad 1

On 13/04/2018 at 2:16 PM, elemetal said:

I had the same issue as you when the bike was basically new, started out to just miss a little, then got so bad within a day I barely finished and event.  It was exactly what Peterb described and turns out was due to an over-torque at the factory.  Bolt head cracked off.

FYI you have to pull the gear position sensor to get access to that side of the motor which then requires a reset.  Pretty sure you need ECU access to do the reset (the fuel maps look to see what gear you're in)

Poor production quality control and initial worker training, over torquing inexcusable.