E-Pure?

dan williams

19 hours ago, micm said:

Even more interesting now that Mecatecno are said to be increasing their purchase price to just a shade under the TXTe's.

I was hoping GG would be lowering the price in the future, to make it available to more riders.  I guess with people not flinching at the high price of the Alta electric MX bike, all the electric trials bikes are going to the high end?

LiPo and Li-ion batteries have not come down in price as fast as hoped. It's impossible for any of these companies to sell a bike for what they had expected to be able to sell them. It's going to be a few years for battery prices to come down to where these can be mass market bikes.

• Sad 1

On 4/25/2018 at 7:00 AM, dan williams said:

LiPo and Li-ion batteries have not come down in price as fast as hoped. It's impossible for any of these companies to sell a bike for what they had expected to be able to sell them. It's going to be a few years for battery prices to come down to where these can be mass market bikes.

Not really.Battery for em with good quality cells can be make with $700-800 range for top notch cells and bms.

if the price of cells drop even to half it will not make it difference in thousands like expect to be.

Electric trial market have small customer desire that’s why the price is so high

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

I've had chance to ride the E Pure race today, and what a difference to the old bikes!!

It can be ridden just like a conventional petrol bike. No need to change your riding style drastically. You almost forget you're on electric, I kept going for the gear lever!!!

The clutch works perfectly, The build quality is there, the performance is there, let's see how they perform in the real world in back to back tests against the Repsol on the same sections. I'm pretty sure I can get it to do most stuff the Mont will do straight from the off. 

I must admit I hated the old bikes, and was very sceptical, but this is a giant step forward. I'll get to throw it at some gnarly stuff tomorrow and keep you posted with some footage hopefully

Edited by jrsunt
  • Like 4