260 4rt running rough

rabcam66

Hi Guys, I've only owned my bike for a few months, so not overly familiar with it. 

Its a 2014 260 4rt which started running rough when I give it full throttle, at lower revs it seems ok. I stopped the engine and did the reset, full throttle and 3 kicks, then i started it up and it ran fine for a bit then went back to running rough again.... anybody experienced this with their bike..?

I'm kinda confused as to why it went ok after the reset for about 5 mins then started playing up again...

Thanks for any advice.

Rab.

That sounds like the throttle position censer is having an issue.  As an experiment you might try putting some extra slack in the cable or a spacer between the throttle stop and to prevent it going full open.  

If that stops the issue what you have is a condition where the censer is going past 100% and the ECU doesn't know how to handle it.  The reset process fix's it short term but not permanently if it isn't corrected.  

If that doesn't fix it let us know so we can come up with some more things to try.  

My 250 suddenly developed a problem where it would not rev out but popped and banged with black smoke issuing forth.  A new temperature sensor sorted it - the ECU thought the motor was colder than it was so richened the mixture.  An easy swap to try if you know well any of the many 4RT owners in Central Scotland.  Coincidentally (or not) the fan relay failed at the same time.

Thanks for your input jonnyc21 & 2stroke4stroke,

I’ll try both of your suggestions when I get back from holidays. I did think my fan was running more often than it usually does today too, new temp sensor will get ordered tomorrow.