TR77 Rear Brake/Chain Tensioner

Slackdabber

It's very difficult. This is only a suggestion as sometimes they come out, sometimes not. Remove the bushes from either side to allow more movement. Remove the timing cover, detach the spring from the tensioner arm and remove the pad, then you might just wriggle it out.

What I did was take some off the end of the shaft on the timing side, either cut t or ground it can't remember, while still in the bike which made it a lot easier to get out. Because I'd lost enough length to drill another split pin hole I drilled and tapped the end of the shaft to 6mm so that when it went back in I fitted a bolt and penny washer instead of a split pin to stop it sliding through the bush. The same can be done to the other side once it's out but probably not necessary

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, woody said:

It's very difficult. This is only a suggestion as sometimes they come out, sometimes not. Remove the bushes from either side to allow more movement. Remove the timing cover, detach the spring from the tensioner arm and remove the pad, then you might just wriggle it out.

What I did was take some off the end of the shaft on the timing side, either cut t or ground it can't remember, while still in the bike which made it a lot easier to get out. Because I'd lost enough length to drill another split pin hole I drilled and tapped the end of the shaft to 6mm so that when it went back in I fitted a bolt and penny washer instead of a split pin to stop it sliding through the bush. The same can be done to the other side once it's out but probably not necessary

Cheers Woody