Whistles for Stopping

scifi

22 hours ago, 2stroke4stroke said:

That's not my interpretation of TSR 18.

Unless I've missed something TSR 18 only mentions this topic in relation to sub-sections. Obviously, if you fail in a sub-section you should have the right to attempt the following subs. If it's a single section and you've failed already, there's no point in continuing so it's a courtesy to everyone to get out as quickly as possible (which may or may not be though the End cards).

• Like 1

Indeed, though it is the only reference to the matter in the rules, and I think I effectively covered courtesy in my original reply.  However I would contend that the point is you get to ride the rest of the section so you know what to do the next time round, generally with no real time effect on others, who are usually blethering anyway.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2018 at 6:21 AM, nigel dabster said:

so on a 2 lapper you do that?

Yes. Just common courtesy to those behind you.

If it's a rock step or waterfall you could be stuck for ages trying to get up again and again. Totally unfair on those behind.

• 5 months later...
On 27/04/2018 at 12:48 AM, scifi said:

Really the Whistle would be a good thing even in no-stop trials, as it lets the rider know he has fived, and so should exit as soon as possible.

There are many reasons why he might have been given the five, not just going backwards.  It could be he has missed the section markers.

Maybe each Observer should bring their own Whistle, for hygienic reasons.

Don’t forget the female riders?

Edited by section swept