2 hours ago, oldtrialer said:

Or you could go the cheaper route and get an Oset 24 if you are not too big. I've had mine for a year now, and it is the perfect play bike. After 40 years on gas trials bikes, it was easy to go back to the 70's riding style on the Oset. With the wider rear wheel and the spare battery I just got, I'm still only in for about $5500.

I am seriously considering the OSET too. I’m 200lbs, probably 220 geared up, which is a little higher than they recommend. 

It seems a bit more like a toy, but my primary goal is back yard riding so it could be perfect. 

I’m sure I could learn a lot on it and upgrade to a proper trials bike later without losing as much money on resale. 

I know a guy with an OSET and he said he’d let me ride it for a couple days. I’m really looking forward to giving it a try. 

6 hours ago, oldtrialer said:

Or you could go the cheaper route and get an Oset 24 if you are not too big. I've had mine for a year now, and it is the perfect play bike. After 40 years on gas trials bikes, it was easy to go back to the 70's riding style on the Oset. With the wider rear wheel and the spare battery I just got, I'm still only in for about $5500.

@oldtrialer: What did the OE spare battery set you back? The Oset UK site listed it at $1450 when I did the conversion!

Oset US gave me a deal at $900. About $100 off. I guess they like that I'm riding events with it and giving test rides.

2 hours ago, oldtrialer said:

Oset US gave me a deal at $900. About $100 off. I guess they like that I'm riding events with it and giving test rides.

I heard the EM replacement battery is $2500!?!? How's that for sticker shock? They are probably embarrassed to list it on their website parts catalogue. I understand they will refurb a battery pack for much less money though.