Owners manual 2009 anyone?

Bert1970

Hi, new to the forum so let me introduce: Bert, 47, Dutch and total novice. Did a short course in trials after totally failing at motorbike racing and njoyed it so much that I decide to buy a 4RT 2009 Repsol replica. Now what I did not get was the owners manual. And I have some copies of manuals, none indicating the year, but they are slightly different. As I am not an experienced mechanic either and am trying to do general maintenance myself, it makes me slightly insecure (ex.:10W30 vs 10W40?) . So: anyone got a PDF link to an owners manual of a Repsol Replica 4RT of 2009? Thanks a lot in advance. 

And, if anyone has any advice on removing a broken bolt from the rear brake disc: please give me all the advice you can. Thanks a lot for now....... 

Hi Bert, if the disc bolt has not been loctited into the hub, you may be able to unscrew it with a scriber. If it is unable to be moved, then you need to drill it out very carefully and run an M6 x1.0 tap through the hole to recover the thread. To drill the bolt out, remove the disc, precisely centrepunch the bolt in the middle, drill into the bolt squarely with a very sharp 5.0mm diameter drill, the correct size for tapping an M6 thread. Sometimes, all of the bolt is removed without damaging the thread, in this case you don't need an M6 tap. If some of the bolt is left in after drilling, then run the tap through carefully to remove any left over bolt. Some guys like to use "Easiouts" which grip the broken bolt (after being drilled to a particular size) and have a left hand thread that bites into the bolt and can unscrew the broken bolt. Sometimes, the hardened Easiout can shear off and this is even harder to remove. Good luck, Peter B.

Hi Bert, I completely agree with PeterB comments, the only additional advice I would give based upon my own experience is to apply some heat. I have experienced this issue multiple times, the best way I have resolved this is to remove the disc completely hopefully not snapping the heads off any more bolts, I find a heat gun is the best way to approach this and some WD 40 or alike, they do seem to undo much easier, I believe they all have some type of thread lock on these from new for safety reasons and they also make a nice mess of your caliper if they come undone. You really do need a very good quality drill bit and if you are going to try and re tap the thread using a 5 mm drill, this has to be exactly in the centre of the broken thread or it will destroy part of the thread if not and then you are looking at a helicoil! I have found the easy out method with heat the best solution. Drill a hole to suit the easy out size, ideally around 3mm. Spray WD 40 on the broken bolt area, heat using a heat gun (not a blow torch), repeat 2/3 times, then whilst still hot remove broken bolt with the easy out, this has ALWAYS worked for me and you will find that when it is hot it will not take a great deal of force to remove it.

Take the disc off and get a nut welded to what remains of the bolt,undoing it as soon as it's welded.Drilling it out is possible,but it's hard to drill it accurately unless you have a pillar drill