issues with 2009 2.5. Gearbox, radiator fan and hot running

Kelty

Hi Guys

I'm new to Sherco and trials in general. I would appreciate some advice and help regarding a couple of problems.

The bike has been laid up for a while now, with old fuel in it. To get it running, I drained the float bowls and gave the jets etc a fairly rudimentary clean up. It now starts readily from cold on choke and will run for a bit off choke when the choke is off. After a few minutes or so, when fully hot it will bog down, as if it has run out of fuel. The fuel tank breather hose is clear and there is no vacuum evident when removing the fuel cap. 

I am thinking I just need a more thorough clean of the fuel system and carbs. 

The second issue is that the radiator fan is squealing. When there is no power to the motor, the impeller turns freely and does not appear to be rubbing or have any excessive bearing play. Any thoughts on this are welcomed.

The third issue is the overflow pipe from the top of the gearbox is passing gearbox oil. I had previously replaced the oil after cleaning the plates to help with the clutch sticking. I may not have fully drained the gearbox before refilling.

I think I might need to drain the gearbox and refill once more?

Thanks in advance for the replies. 

Q1 sounds like a restricted pilot jet or low speed circuit

Q2 sounds like the fan motor bearings need some lube

Q3 Yes make sure there is not too much transmission oil, then if it still does it, the gearbox may be getting pressurised

• Thanks 1

You were bang on with the first two. 

I cleaned the carb again, all is well. 

I sprayed the fan impellor side with WD40. Noise is gone. 

Gearbox doesn't appear to be blowing anything out the overflow pipe now. I guess it was slightly over filled. 

Thanks for your help. 

The squealing fan will be an intermittent thing if it's like mine, you'll be the 1 squealing if you have to replace the fan as they are fairly expensive.

There are some japanese road bikes used the same fan motor etc but from memory the plug needs changing & the mounting holes opened up which are easy jobs 

• Thanks 1