Carb to airbox boot for a 76 Ty175 source?

sdm

Just picked up a 76 TY 175 and going through it to see what it needs. The airbox to carb boot has silicone covering a couple cracks so I would like to find one that is in better shape. Does anyone know of a source for these? I have done the usual searches on the search engines and also most all the vendors but nothing comes up for this application. The boot off a 77 TY 250 has the same size openings but is configured differently with different bends. Ebay has nothing that I see. Yamaha part # 525-14453-00-00

Thanks

Sam

Tried Matt at Speed & Sport first and no luck... I have an email in to Clauss Studios in So Cal and am waiting to hear back. They make all kinds of reproduction rubber parts so maybe they have something that isn't listed on their web site.

Thanks petert

Sam

From what I remember Clauss Studios having either on their site or eBay listing if you sent them your boot they will take a pattern off it & then start listing them, first moulding is yours. What I had read said that the part didn't need to be perfect, I assume they tidy the part up & go from there

I have 1 of their TY250 boots & it fits perfectly 

That's what I am hoping if they don't have a specific boot to fit. The one I have is ok to use as a template but just has a tear that has been siliconed over.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone that may be looking for a carb to airbox boot for their TY 175, I have sent my old original to Clauss Studio for them to use as a pattern to make a new one for me. When I get the new boot back I will report here and let you know how it works.  

Sam

• Like 3