Break in procedure for a new 2018 Beta Evo

Lefebvre

Ride trials sections, trail ride, stop and check the bolts and for leaks, don't wonder to far from the truck on your first ride. My 2017 Factory 250 started to overheat. Turned out it wasn't properly ground from the Factory. Just had to remove some more red paint underneath the ground wire.

Don't scream the p*** out of it down a logging road you should be fine. Want to keep it longer than one winter? Then you will want to take the linkage apart and regrease it with a good brand marine grease. Don't forget the headset and to peel back the rubber seals on the wheel bearings and fill em up. On 2 of the last 3 brand new Beta's i have bought new have had broken linkage bushings with just a few hours use on them. I also put teflon tape under the lever perches so they will always be able to give way in the event of a crash. I also cut off half of my shifter knob so it has less to grab when sliding down the rocks. Spokes have been pretty good theses last few years, just keep an eye one them when new. The two very front bolts that hold the skidplate to the frame come loose sometimes, blue locktite them.

Fenders are crap, buy a gasgas front fender and brace, put the stocker away on the shelf for when you sell the bike.  For the rear fender i remove all the bolts, and turn it into a one piece setup by putting two wood screws into the side of the airbox lid (underneath into the hole that holds the airbox cover to the airbox) You have to trim a little off the hole so the fender will fit flush. And also find a round-nosed bolt to replace the bolt that holds the airfilter secure. Then i use two zap-straps to hold the fender on. (always carry extra zap-straps in your bumbag).

Have not done the Beta clutch mod on my 2017 250, just don't feel it's needed as it was in the past.

Other than the plastics Beta's are pretty reliable and should give you many hours of fun. Enjoy.

Start taking it apart now, grease everything. Might as well anti seize every  spoke nipple. The front fender can be stopped breaking by large washers top and bottom of all four mounting bolts. Try as hard as I could, but the rear fender on my `16 does not break. I have tossed it quite hard, so mine must be defective. All this can be done while you are waiting for your new gas cap to show up. Throw the stock one away and get an aftermarket one made from billet aluminum. Beta screwed  this up this year.

Edited by lineaway

On 16/05/2018 at 7:14 PM, lineaway said:

Start taking it apart now, grease everything. Might as well anti seize every  spoke nipple. The front fender can be stopped breaking by large washers top and bottom of all four mounting bolts. Try as hard as I could, but the rear fender on my `16 does not break. I have tossed it quite hard, so mine must be defective. All this can be done while you are waiting for your new gas cap to show up. Throw the stock one away and get an aftermarket one made from billet aluminum. Beta screwed  this up this year.

I cannot find a dealer that specify a Beta gas cap for the 2018 Beta Evo 200. Please give me a dealer's name so I can change the OEM one.

On 20/05/2018 at 3:26 PM, lineaway said:

Thanks lineaway, I just ordered my gas cap for my 2018 Beta Evo 200 from slatshop UK. It is crazy how hard it is to screw or unscrew the OEM gas cap, just unbelievable! Hope the delivery will be fairly fast to Canada. Lineaway, I do not see a nipple on the top of the gas cap they sell used for the vent hose as there is on the OEM, there must be a mechanism that replicate the action for that? Let me know if you have time. I am very poor in mechanic knowledge and appreciate a lot the support from co-riders. :rolleyes: