240 Clutch Springs?

rxmx

Anyone know of a lighter clutch spring that will work in a 240?  I wonder if Fantic 200 springs might work (diameter / length)?  I have a short extender on my clutch arm, just wearing my hand out during a long trial... thanks

Don't know of lighter springs but I'm sure some there must be some the same length and diameter but with less tension out there somewhere.

Just wonder if lighter springs give a nicer lever pull but slip due to being too weak, trial and error I guess.

I use an extension to the clutch arm too and find the effort better but if there was any lighter springs I'd be up for trying a set.

Alternatively, you could convert to Magura hydraulic for a bit more expense. I've been using this setup for over a year now and it works better than anything I'd tried previously.

PS: I'm now remembering what else I did to get the nice clutch action that I'm happy with, I carried out the Beta clutch mod with regards to clearing out all the glue and crud between the friction pads and fitted one of these actuating arms,

http://trialparts-shop.de/shop/klassiktrial/ausrueckwelle-kupplung-fantic/, springs remained original.

Without the above actuating arm which can be dis-assembled, you cannot get the Magura slave cylinder to fit the Fantic.

Edited by fourex
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for replies, I found some lighter clutch springs that work, and they decreased my clutch pull probably 15%.  Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what they are from...they were in a box in a buddies shop with a twinshock TY250 clutch pack, so possibly 1977 TY250.  They are about 3mm shorter and slightly smaller diameter, bolted right up (I have the one piece clutch spring retainer/stop), and as a bonus, are easier to install, less preload.  No slip.