2016 Beta Evo 80 - Fork Seals leaking

LMCC_AJS_PATH

Hi all

I have a bit of an issue with my daughters Beta bought as first owner at Xmas time (Its a 2016 but was sitting in the shop for a year). It was noticed one fork seal was leaking after a trial a few weeks ago. We have since replaced the seals however after the trial at the weekend I noticed once again that the one side is again leaking. Any ideas why this may be reoccurring even after replacing the seals (by the Beta dealer), anything I should look out for and any suggestions as to a solution?

Cheers

M

IMG_6923.jpg

It's always possible the seal was damaged when replaced. It happens even to dealers. Has it leaked since it was replaced or did it just start some time after replacement? Typically a seal will be good for some time if the fork tubes are undamaged. A nick in the tube can damage a seal and will keep damaging seals until it's fixed. Sometimes dirt will get under a seal lip and hold it away from contact with the tube. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/05/2018 at 3:11 AM, dan williams said:

It's always possible the seal was damaged when replaced. It happens even to dealers. Has it leaked since it was replaced or did it just start some time after replacement? Typically a seal will be good for some time if the fork tubes are undamaged. A nick in the tube can damage a seal and will keep damaging seals until it's fixed. Sometimes dirt will get under a seal lip and hold it away from contact with the tube. 

Thanks Dan. I have been keeping an eye on it over the last couple of weeks and seems to be ok. The forks have been an issue on the Beta since we bought last december. The forks have always been sticky. Fairly hard to move without pressure and can stick down. Generally not free moving as they should. Not sure if its an issue with the seals but as per original post they have been changed. Anyone have any suggestions??