ACU licence in Italy

owlit

I would like to know if I could ride trials in Italy using an ACU international trials licence, or is that only for international events? It seems an Italian trials licence is the same as a mx and enduro licence and would be a lot for perhaps one or two events. Thanks in advance.

Mmmmh I don't know which kind of trials you want to do:
- modern trials, national: "Italiano e Centro Sud"
  the regional trials series Campionato:
  regioale Ligure,  regionale Piemonte and Trofe Asi Piemonte, regionale Lombardo, regionale Triveneto
- classic trials,                                  "Trial Gr. 5 Trofeo"
- trials riding in the high mountains / Motocavalcade or "Motoalpinismo" or "Mulatrial"

Therefor (in own experience) do some homework before you ride, look up the trials you want to visit in advance and contact the club or event manager, the Italians are super strict with their rules* which too vary also, thus mean you might still need a "Tessera Sport" or a "Licenza superiore".
Your bike might too have a road registration, "Registro Storico" may be even an international insurance, as most trials are held on public places.

* Some of the Italian rules:
Entering the sections (for example when visiting) is only permitted with a helmet on the head!
wearing of gloves is mandatory. Without gloves under certain circumstances no start!
- Arm protection is required (long-sleeved clothing). also for hot days,
  do not forget about long sleeved but breathable Trial shirts!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2018 at 6:42 AM, nigel dabster said:

You can't here afaik.

you could until last year - if you were from an EEA country you could pay about £20-25 for one day repatriation cover (that assuming you didn't have a start permission from your federation). the ACU can no longer afford to offer thisto foreginers so from this year onwards the rider needs to bring repatriation insurance or start permission (aka repatriation insurnace) from their federation. We (brits) would need to same when riding out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who have replied. Most of the trials I have found are in the north and a long way away. I live (when in Italy) not far (20 miles) from San Marino where there was an international last year (I think). But most around here ride MX or enduro, no trials let alone twinshock.

If I spent more time in England (Wigan), the I would do club trials and twinshock. And if I had a club in Italy locally I would join as an Italian member. But as the trials I could ride would probably be one-offs, I suppose I will carry on riding in my wood here in Italy and ride trials in England when I can.

Thanks again for all the replies