oaktrials

2014 coolant temperature

I recently added a trail tech in coolant temperature sensor to my 2014 Ossa TRi 250, I am seeing coolant temperatures of 220 to 230 degrees F during extended climbs of 1000 to 2000 feet at 5000 ft elevation.  Can any Ossa owners confirm the coolant temperatures they see during high load operation.  New cooling fan, radiator clean, fan relay good, fan turns on at about 160 and off at 155.  No lifting of radiator cap relief, idle speed drops about 200 rpm at elevated temperature.  See coolant temperatures of about 150 to 170 during normal trials riding activity.   

46 minutes ago, oaktrials said:

I recently added a trail tech in coolant temperature sensor to my 2014 Ossa TRi 250, I am seeing coolant temperatures of 220 to 230 degrees F during extended climbs of 1000 to 2000 feet at 5000 ft elevation.  Can any Ossa owners confirm the coolant temperatures they see during high load operation.  New cooling fan, radiator clean, fan relay good, fan turns on at about 160 and off at 155.  No lifting of radiator cap relief, idle speed drops about 200 rpm at elevated temperature.  See coolant temperatures of about 150 to 170 during normal trials riding activity.   

nothing ossa specific, but sounds about right for most any trials bike. you are limited with trials radiators though, as they are not made for hard running like an enduro

• Like 1

Also depends a lot on OAT ( Outside Air Temperature.), which will be lower at altitude, but it is Summer...