Sign in to follow this  
hol645

monty wont start

Hi  

i've got a fuel problem on my montesa 315 . I haven't used it for a couple of months so I decided to give the carb a clean and at the same time I replaced the old fuel line with a new one . Now there is no fuel coming out of the petcock . It comes out with no pipe on . so the petcocks  not blocked and the fuel line isn't trapped or kinked .

Does liquid of any type pour through the new fuel pipe......if it does then Clean the fuel cap breather. then take the fuel tap off and clean it all out  by taking as much apart as possible, also clean the carburettor[Again] inside completely and make sure every thing works in there...... if it has been stood not being used it needs servicing before you use it.

Have you put the floats in upside down etc?

Edited by oni nou

check your new fuel line is clear. Is it rubber ??  Have had experience with old skool rubber pipe & O rings swelling up with modern fuel, to the point of no flow.

Still no joy . petcock clear ,petrol comes through with no pipe on . Petrol cap breather clear . Took carb apart . All looks  good .  Put it back together & still petrol wont come down the pipe .

Hi Many thanks for everybody's ideas and advice . Bike running sweet . Turns out Paul320 was spot on . It turned out the needle was stuck .