Jump to content

motoswm

340 Dellorto carb settings

Recommended Posts

Hi.

Anyone got a Puma or Vasquez Bultaco 340 fitted with a 26mm PHBH Dellorto carb ?

I am working on a 340 that I have fitted an SWM carb and it seems to run fine, but wanted to check if pilot jet, main jet, needle, atomiser and slide were comparable.

Currently running 60 pilot, 90main, X2 needle, AV266 atomiser, 70 slide.

Thanks in advance

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin,

As I know you, I will try the Puma's hotline... its not easy, certainly in the afternoon, if not I know a man who know's a man.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have replied to motoswm via email, but the response I got from El Puma that the carb he puts on his 325 and 340 Bultacos are  28 mm and not 26mm , and the set up varies on how the engine has been built. There doesn t seem to be a difinative, set in stone,  set up, more how the rider wants his bike. Hope this helps anybody following this particular thread. Out of interest my 199a has a PHBH 28 on it and its the dogs, in terms of performance.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello metisse, I'm curious what jetting your 199A uses if you are able to share. I have a 183 that runs the Bing, one day I would like to try the Dellorto PHBH 28 BS from my old Italjet to see how that performs since engine capacities are similar being 326cc for Bully and 330cc for Italjet. Below is the Italjet jetting for its all green 250 (237cc) and 350 (330cc). This may be some help to Martin also.

 

Italjet Carb Specs.pdf

Italjet_Carb_Specs20180612_18401699.jpg

Edited by fourex
JPEG added.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be putting a Dellorto PHBH 28 on my sherpa 250 soon, so the above is very useful info. I'll be sure to update with my findings as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cornishflyer said:

I'll be putting a Dellorto PHBH 28 on my sherpa 250 soon, so the above is very useful info. I'll be sure to update with my findings as well.

Hello fellow Aussie, I think a 28mm anything might be too much for an older 250cc Trials bike, 26mm might be better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi fourex,

Yeah I was just in the garage looking at my Sherco 250 which has a delly 26 on it and thought the same thing. I have the 28 kicking around though I'll probably try it anyway as the original Amal mk2 is so worn. If neither of those work properly I'll probably lump up the massive $99 for a OKO, I've heard good things about those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2018 at 8:53 AM, fourex said:

Hello metisse, I'm curious what jetting your 199A uses if you are able to share. I have a 183 that runs the Bing, one day I would like to try the Dellorto PHBH 28 BS from my old Italjet to see how that performs since engine capacities are similar being 326cc for Bully and 330cc for Italjet. Below is the Italjet jetting for its all green 250 (237cc) and 350 (330cc). This may be some help to Martin also.

 

Italjet Carb Specs.pdf

Italjet_Carb_Specs20180612_18401699.jpg

Ah ha! I see from the specs that the 250 has 4 cylinders, no wonder the 350 was a better engine!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, section swept said:

Ah ha! I see from the specs that the 250 has 4 cylinders, no wonder the 350 was a better engine!

Its also got an air screw on a petrol screw carb !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×