Fork tubes

Varlo

Hi Varlo, I’m over in Mansfield and recently rebuilt a TY250E many of the spares I needed came from yambits, they don’t show the fork tubes but I’m sure if you were to ask they may be able to source at the right money. Very helpful to me when I needed advice on parts. Franks forks also may be able to make you some.

Edited by section swept
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm on outskirts of mansfield! Not too far away. I'll give yambits a call tomorrow, I spoke to a company today that makes fork tubes for just about every 70s bike apart from ty. The only reason I wanted new is because they say 3 weeks to complete, & I didn't want to be off bike that long. 

1 hour ago, teamferret said:

As I recall, the RD tubes are a smaller diameter at the bottom. Most 35mm scrambles or trials fork tubes should fit, I've fitted Marzochi ones into loads of different bottoms

except TY and RD forks are 34 mm not 35 mm

• Like 1

Re-chroming or in the case of fork tubes hard chroming is usually the way to go, there’s a company in Hull that offers a service. Maybe some more locally, certainly one or more in Mansfield. If you need to ride and want to use your current tubes, you could rub down the affected areas and fill any imperfections with Araldite or similar Epoxy resin filler, rub down again with wet and dry and away you go...the seals may suffer but hey you are at least riding. This although sounding like a bodge it does actually work.?

• Like 1