Sign in to follow this  
thumper80

Beta Evo 4t 300 No Spark

Evening all, i'm after a bit of advice / help. My 2009 Beta Evo 4t 300cc lost its spark, i've eliminated the kill switch and tested my coil on a rev 3 which sparked ok so i think thats ok. This led me onto the stator, i sent it off to Bradford ignitions to get repaired and have got it back today and it still does not spark, he only rewound the two coils which serve the ignition (red and blue wires) not sure if that would be an issue? The next thing to check is the cdi unit which im told rarely fail and cost a few quid. The only way to check this is on another 4t 300cc to confirm one way or another if it is defunct or not, does anyone have any advice on what else to check? I'm at a bit of a loss with ideas at the moment.

You make no mention of the pick-up which could very well be the fault. Rewinding both coils on the stator, sounds like you have had the lighting coil rewound for no reason as you only need the one coil on the stator for ignition. Have you thoroughly checked all of the wiring as there could well be a broken wire  causing you problems.