BSA Conical hub shoes.

jon v8

Sorry if this is a bit off topic... I'm in the middle of a build,not really even a trials bike,its an ex Army B40 frame with a B44 round barrel motor. I'm using four bolt  forks and a 6" conical BSA/Triumph front hub.All shiny and smart, except brake shoes are rocking horse poo. Mark Cook of CCM Britain or PES apparently made some new billet ones which I'd like to buy.Been calling on the phone,leaving messages and have emailed as well.No response...

Any suggestions, the parts are stacking up and it's close to me needing to nail it all together.The idea is a trail bike or long distance trials nail.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, jon v8 said:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic... I'm in the middle of a build,not really even a trials bike,its an ex Army B40 frame with a B44 round barrel motor. I'm using four bolt  forks and a 6" conical BSA/Triumph front hub.All shiny and smart, except brake shoes are rocking horse poo. Mark Cook of CCM Britain or PES apparently made some new billet ones which I'd like to buy.Been calling on the phone,leaving messages and have emailed as well.No response...

Any suggestions, the parts are stacking up and it's close to me needing to nail it all together.The idea is a trail bike or long distance trials nail.

Give these people a try Jon http://www.cgchell.co.uk/

12 hours ago, old trials fanatic said:

If you had the old ones, you didnt say if you had, i'd have got them relined with a modern soft material. Would be much better than std grade stuff.

That's the problem, I don't. I'm building it from scratch,so its just getting some shoes to start off with,they are not easy to find - Even my mate Rupert Ratio didn't have any and he has supplied nearly all of the rest of the bike. Friction Services are just down the road from me so relining shoes is no problem,last ones they did for me were David Brown tractor shoes.

• Like 2