Placement of stickers/decals

cornishflyer

Cornishflyer, I got the decal kit from Spain via ebay,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302760922909?ViewItem=&vxp=mtr&item=302760922909

It was missing the 2 x Bultaco stickers on arrival but had everything else as per above link, so when they never turned up after contacting him, I sourced some stickers from within Australia but they turned out to be smaller than the "255 x 30mm" jobs that were currently on my bike which looked right and I believe were original.  That's when I contacted Rob at motoresto who made up the stickers in the 255 x 30mm size that I required, he now also does them in the letter only format, contour cut as he calls them. Hope this makes sense.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mrb505 said:

The problem is that I clear coated over the sticker I’ll redo the tank maybe one day but the bike isn’t very original anyway and as it’s a regular rider it wears a plastic tank most of the time

872100F2-BFF1-48DF-B03B-750D64BB5D63.jpeg

mrb505, your bike is a bitza as you have stated but looks really good, what is the frame ?  Is it a modified 183 frame?  I like the look of that substantial alloy bash plate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/06/2018 at 6:04 PM, fourex said:

mrb505, your bike is a bitza as you have stated but looks really good, what is the frame ?  Is it a modified 183 frame?  I like the look of that substantial alloy bash plate.

Yes it’s a 183 frame when I bought it the tubes underneath were totally squashed so I cut them off and tried to replicate it to a 199a style, the bash plate I bought from todotrial I also cut the foot pegs off and mounted gas gas ones a bit further down and back

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just wanted to update this thread as I have pretty much finished my tank and side covers. I ended up getting the large Bultaco name and small round Sherpa stickers from Rob at Motoresto. I wish I had got them all from him as I had real issues getting the 2K clear coat to stick to the other vinyl stickers I got as part of a kit, it sort of pooled up and started to run off. I'll probably end up lightly taking some P2000 wet to sand the blobs over those and see if I can make it any better but obviously I want to go easy.

So, if any one else reads this in years to come, a big thumbs up from me for Motoresto.

Overall the paint is millions times better then before so I'm happy to move onto the seat next :)

Cheers

Screen_Shot_2018-07-16_at_2_10.02_pm.png

• Like 3