Leonelli Stator cable to CDI connector

v1nn1e

Cant see how to remove this 6-wire connector from the underneath of the CDI box. Looks like there are some barbs that engage with slots, maybe three separate ones?

If anyone's done this and got some tips it would be much appreciated... plus any info on resistance to ground on the different wires, both on the CDI side and Stator side to check.

Many thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got the flywheel off and sent the Stator off to Motoplat.

They've just come back to say they can find nothing wrong with it :unsure:

I'm going to send the CDI down as well, which they can also test - just hoping that hasn't gone fut!

• 2 weeks later...

So, finally got my Sherco running again last night!

It turned out that the ignition coil had failed, although when checking resistance with a multi-meter both primary and secondary windings looked OK (and still do). I can only assume that it was breaking down at high voltage. The weird thing was the way in which it failed; it had been running fine and was put away in the garage - got it out a few weeks later and it was dead. The coil had taken a knock to the outside edge of one of the mounting lugs during that last ride - maybe after it cooled down the insulation failed... very obscure!

Got a new coil off Amazon for £7 and all sorted.