Cant start up the bike

BallisticBob

When i got the bike it started up on the first kick then i rode a bit ad killed it with the kill cord that goes around your arm (it replaces the stop button). 20 seconds later i tried starting it up and it took a good 12 or more kicks to get it going but i was using the same technique. I rode for 10 and killed it again (same way). And i couldn't get it started again,no matter what i tried it wouldn't make a noise. The next day I would try it again but nothing. The dealer came and picked it up, the next they they were able to start it perfectly....

Has anyone else had this problem, or am I too weak to start the bike? xd

Interesting... The sellers showed me the technique to start it and i got it running the first try. 

Its just interesting that I got it running the first and the second time all though it got progressively harder.

Well thanks for the help

Not the first starting problem. We had a sponsored rider at our National that took him forever to get the bike started at a section. He has been riding Vertigo since they came out and previously he rode Ossa. Personally they can take FI bikes and crush them all including Honda`s. Not worth the time or hassle. Trials bikes were meant to be a simple machine. Besides this problem the Vertigo power is impressive.

• Like 2

On 28-6-2018 at 1:53 PM, BallisticBob said:

The dealer came and picked it up, the next they they were able to start it perfectly....

Ask the dealer how to start it!

Mine starts cold with two or three kicks; first kick throttle wide open. Warm engine almost always on the first kick. 

35 minutes ago, tcrhino said:

Ask the dealer how to start it!

Mine starts cold with two or three kicks; first kick throttle wide open. Warm engine almost always on the first kick. 

I did and it started on the first kick but later, using the same technique, it doesn't make a sound.

Try unplugging the lanyard from the loom. One or two have had issues with them.

Check the connection from the battery/capacitor to the loom, just follow the wire out of the airbox on the left hand side until you get to it.  My connector failed completely and failed to fire, ended up having to chop the connector out, only found the fault by jiggling the connector.

Although no one tells you, the 9v rechargeable battery needs to be in tip top condition to get a clean start and no battery lasts forever, so it's wise to buy another and a mains recharger if you're not planning on converting it to batteryless.

Another tip learnt the hard way, don't store the bike for too long it with fuel in the tank, once the fuel goes stale it bungs up the fuel pump and modern fuel goes off very quickly.

I have a 2017 Fajardo 300 and had trouble starting it along with it stalling it turned out the fuel pump was bad (low pressure), although its still a little cranky to start at times I think that's just the nature of the beast replacing the kick lever with the 2018 lever helped a little.

Edited by jmurray443

• 7 months later...

I have a 17 ice hell no battery. I love the bike, i bought used with 4 hours on it, owner needed $ ,the first few rides no problem starting,then i had same symptoms you described above with appox 7 hours on the bike. the idle speed was low appox 600 rpm,i adjusted it up to appox 1200 and have had no other problems starting . I use 1/4 throttle when kicking.