Wiring

Art

Can anybody tell me if my wiring might be the cause of not cranking up? Ok black, yellow, and green r coming out of motor. When I got this bike there was no switches on it at all, no kill switch no headlight switch and no wires to tail light. Green coming from motor I got hooked to green wire that runs to that little grounding place under seat, black wire coming from motor I got hooked to coil wire and the yellow I got hooked to nothing. What is the two wires running from grounding place under seat? 

Hi Art. The black wire is correct. It goes to the coil. You would be best off routing the green wire up to the coil and earthing it onto the coil bolts. The yellow is for the lights and from your photos you have no lights so just tape the end of it up. Graham.

• Like 1

Ok I took green wire grounded to coil bolt and it fired up! First time i ever heard it run... any suggestions what i need to do now? It fired up for a second with starting fluid and it sounds like it is reved up

• Like 1

Check to make sure throttle cable has a small amount of free play 1-2mm and that throttle slide sits on stop screw. Adjust idle and mixture with engine warm to hotish say 4-5 mins with gentle blipping the throttle ( revving). Adjust both mixture and idle screw for smoothest slowest and consistent running.??