Beta 2019 models? When release?

luct4

Hello,

at what time off the year does Beta brings information about the new models?
I would like to buy a new bike. Iff there would be a huge change for the
2019 models i would wait a few months.

Greathings,
Luc

IMG_6808.JPG

This was a popular thread last year if I remember rightly there was a topic on what the 2018 beta might be with people hoping for an upgrade-gasgas have been using the same engine for 16 years in the pro and the same frame for the past 8 years but I don’t see a topic in that forum with people asking for change so maybe the beta riders aren’t quite happy and change is needed ..

7 hours ago, oni nou said:

Not if you want to have  trials riding stay cheap and have easy parts availability new and secondhand. ....Judging by what Albert Cabestany can do on a Beta Evo I don't think that it needs changing just to stop people from being bored. Developing a completely new bike from the ground up and sorting the owners manual plus new parts numbering systems isn't cheap.....if it was your business and your bike was perfectly usable with everything set up in the background would you be seeking to start all over again because people get bored.

Always speculation Beta will go with fuel injection at some point in the near future. The moving around and upgrading of the electrics (110W) points to some major change. But aside from some incremental improvements, my 2018 is very close to my 2013. The 2013 was a massive leap from my ‘08. I guess we won’t know until Beta shows us. I figure if I ever buy another trials bike it’ll be electric anyway.

If you fancy a new bike go get one. If “new” technology is important to you buy a Vertigo. If you fancy something else a TRS. Or Beta, Sherco, Scorpa, GasGas. Waiting for the next great thing is just wasted time you could have been out riding.

Thanks forr the answers. Iff i will buy a new one….it will be Beta again.
Build quality is verry good i find and it's bullit proof. Never had a 
major problem but i'm a novice i find for myself.
I think Dan just hits it to the point....next new bike could be an electric one.

Greathings,

Luc

On 03/07/2018 at 12:49 PM, oni nou said:

Not if you want to have  trials riding stay cheap and have easy parts availability new and secondhand. ....Judging by what Albert Cabestany can do on a Beta Evo I don't think that it needs changing just to stop people from being bored. Developing a completely new bike from the ground up and sorting the owners manual plus new parts numbering systems isn't cheap.....if it was your business and your bike was perfectly usable with everything set up in the background would you be seeking to start all over again because people get bored.

Austin Rover tried that and look what happened, well would you have bought a Marina when you could buy a Ford Cortina?

15 hours ago, oni nou said:

Your English is better than most English people can string together so no need for any apologies.

I blame the parents and the schools/Government of course 40+to a class then there are bound to be some that miss out on an edukajun!?‍??‍???‍???

On 03/07/2018 at 7:20 AM, luct4 said:

Hello,

at what time off the year does Beta brings information about the new models?
I would like to buy a new bike. Iff there would be a huge change for the
2019 models i would wait a few months.

Greathings,
Luc

IMG_6808.JPG

This could be your ‘lucky day?’.....take all the stickers off? (and save a few pounds in weight) with the engine cases name ground off more weight saving? (cor I want swirls like that on my cases) remove the rim tapes and no one will know what you are riding?️‍♂️??....just like owning a development bike! Come 2020 if you keep it clean and tidy put the latest stickers on and hey presto...new bike???

Beta could just do a suspension upgrade and it would do wonders for the bike. I love my Beta, but my son just got a TRRS 300. Everything about his bike is better. Better power, suspension, brakes, clutch, and it balances way better. Looks to be a brand change in our family. Just as I was getting used to my new dealer.

20 hours ago, luct4 said:

Sorry for the bad English....i'm from Belgium :unsure:

Many years ago I went to the TdN in Bertrix and got to hang around with the American TdN team. Stunningly beautiful country, friendly people and chocolate to die for. There’s a special place in my heart for Belgium.

I like picking on Beta as much as the next guy but consider from 2008 to 2013 there were three completely different frame designs. They do change and refine but when viewed in the same timeframe as completely new bikes like the Ossa a few years ago and the Vertigo now they seem very static. The TRS has much in common with the Jotagas and the GasGas design is more evolution than revolution with the exception of the clutch  few years ago. Sometimes big change can be big trouble as Sherco learned with the fuel pump/seat tank combo and Beta’s first beam frame in ‘09. For that reason most people are more comfortable buying a 2nd year of production of a new design than a 1st production. More importantly is a manufacturer and importer/dealer who stands behind their product. Beta replacing all the frames in ‘09 said more to me than any other factor in choosing to stay with Beta.

...and of course bold new graphics?

• Like 1