Sign in to follow this  
brownee

2018 Jotagas R

Stand Moto in France have taken delivery of one maybe more....??

Price tag 6450 euro so 5700 to 5800 quidish.

Ohlins on back and tech on the front by looks of it.

csm_Capture_d_e__cran_2018-07-03_a___15.11.12_ec148f6c69.png

2.png

3.png

• Thanks 1

Stunning looking bike and that looks to be one hell of a package for the money , jotagas-the secret society ,I wonder if you have to do a secret handshake and a secret knock on the dealers door to buy one 

4 hours ago, collyolly said:

Looks like 2 bikes or did you change the forks between photos ?

Just to prove they've made more than one. I love the look and the engineering detail on the Jotagas, and nearly bought one last year. In the end I was put off by stories of the strange attitude of the company. It's a pity, and now even if they sort themselves out they've got an uphill struggle to convince people they have. I wish them  well.

5 hours ago, riffraffretro said:

Fantastic bikes, quirky management at the Factory, but at least they go their own way and there's nothing much wrong with that, surely?

Viva la JotaGas.

I totally agree, but you have to take into account how much the ordinary milestone type person hates things that are different and that  go their own way.

"No alarms and no surprises.".......

From what I can see , there was a gap in the market - which Jotagas attempted to fill.  When Gas Gas were floundering , this gap became too big for JGas to capitalise on - since they couldn’t meet production demands. Confidence in the product diminished , as spares and potential UK dealers were thin on the ground. Everyone’s patience wore thin very quickly.  Betas sold very well over this period , and likewise the new 260 4RT’s.  Then Vertigo and TRS arrived , and blew Jgas completely aside.    

In their favour , Jgas produce a very light bike with excellent balance and equipment. At an extremely good price. However , people’s experience with the higher-compression heads has left a nasty taste in the mouth - and not all of us want to have to visit Spain every time we need a new allen-bolt or gasket.  Still , if you want one - Border Bikes has one 2018 model in stock that you can all fight over!

• Like 1

To keep this thread in perspective... JTG have a worldwide network of dealers (the majority of whom are based in Europe), all carrying spares and, in the majority of cases, with excellent technical understanding and interest in the marque - notwithstanding the array of componts shared with other manufacturers and the simplicity of the design. Visiting Spain for a gasket or fastener isn't and never has been, necessary.

Each to their own, as the saying goes.

Edited by riffraffretro

3 hours ago, riffraffretro said:

To keep this thread in perspective... 

Sticking to the truth would help.

There is one dealer in the UK , who by his own admission - carries ”some” spares.  To preserve a warranty , it’s no good visiting the Gas Gas parts bin.   However romantic you feel about your ownership-experience of an “ethnic-minority” brand - the sour reality is that one day , you will be queueing-up at Stanstead airport - and I’ll be standing right behind you saying “Told you so”!

I didn't refer specifically to the UK dealer...if you read the post it relates to a Pan-European and worldwide network, any/all of whom are willing and able to supply parts from stock, via mail order...  no requirement to purchase a plane ticket for that, last time I checked.

It's such a shame that some of those who stick with the mainstream route to ownership fear/loathe the alternatives so vehemently, but that's how it seems to be these days.

There's a vast inter-changeability of parts between different manufacturers/models which makes supply less of an issue - most model-specific parts are readily available and those that aren't can often be made at home - cutting gaskets from blank sheet and turning-up a few fasteners is hardly rocket science now is it?

As I said, each to their own.

As far as your "Ethnic Minority" reference goes, not sure where you're going with that, but do look up the definition when you get a moment.

Happy trialing and peace on Earth to all.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, riffraffretro said:

Cutting gaskets from blank sheet and turning-up a few fasteners is hardly rocket science now is it?

If you happened to be on a rocket at the time - then , yes - it would be.

Plus - it would probably invalidate your Nasa 3-month warranty.

Men travelled from the Earth to the Moon , landed , and returned - in half the time it would take for you to receive a genuine Jotagas gudgeon-pin in the post.   But you don’t need to break orbit yourself to speed-up the process - Ryanair would be quite sufficient.

31 minutes ago, riffraffretro said:

I didn't refer specifically to the UK dealer...if you read the post it relates to a Pan-European and worldwide 

It's such a shame that some of those who stick with the mainstream route to ownership fear/loathe the alternatives so vehemently, but that's how it seems to be these days.

Last time I looked - my bike had Titanium-R written on it.  About as mainsteam as the Peruvian Nose-Flute top forty chart.

Another thread hijacked by the keyboard warriors... what happened to keeping things on-topic?

"Mainstream" (route to ownership), as in buying a Gas Gas, Beta, Honda, etc... nothing to do with material science. Would be nice if people read the thread before deploying sarcasm.

• Like 1

Ok. You want “On Topic”?

After extensive research by myself through the whole of June this year , and many phone calls to various dealers around the world - it transpired that the purchase of a new Jotagas , would be one of the most stupid things I ever did with my hard-earned money.

Included in this deliberation , was the Ossa  tr280i.  The possiblity of using Gas Gas components was negated by a simple look at the factory inventory of spares for Gas Gas - and of course - their finances , and growth-projection.

Fact of the matter was that , except for Dave at Border - no-one was interested in the slightest.   All I got was talk of Ethos , Vision , Passion , Exclusivity - but all that is hot-air if a company can’t supply Bikes , Spares , Tech-Support , and above all - a product that has been put through it’s paces in the environment it is designed to be used for.

Edited by Nebulous