2018 Jotagas R

brownee

Stunning looking bike and that looks to be one hell of a package for the money , jotagas-the secret society ,I wonder if you have to do a secret handshake and a secret knock on the dealers door to buy one 

4 hours ago, collyolly said:

Looks like 2 bikes or did you change the forks between photos ?

Just to prove they've made more than one. I love the look and the engineering detail on the Jotagas, and nearly bought one last year. In the end I was put off by stories of the strange attitude of the company. It's a pity, and now even if they sort themselves out they've got an uphill struggle to convince people they have. I wish them  well.

• 2 weeks later...

To keep this thread in perspective... JTG have a worldwide network of dealers (the majority of whom are based in Europe), all carrying spares and, in the majority of cases, with excellent technical understanding and interest in the marque - notwithstanding the array of componts shared with other manufacturers and the simplicity of the design. Visiting Spain for a gasket or fastener isn't and never has been, necessary.

Each to their own, as the saying goes.

Edited by riffraffretro

I didn't refer specifically to the UK dealer...if you read the post it relates to a Pan-European and worldwide network, any/all of whom are willing and able to supply parts from stock, via mail order...  no requirement to purchase a plane ticket for that, last time I checked.

It's such a shame that some of those who stick with the mainstream route to ownership fear/loathe the alternatives so vehemently, but that's how it seems to be these days.

There's a vast inter-changeability of parts between different manufacturers/models which makes supply less of an issue - most model-specific parts are readily available and those that aren't can often be made at home - cutting gaskets from blank sheet and turning-up a few fasteners is hardly rocket science now is it?

As I said, each to their own.

As far as your "Ethnic Minority" reference goes, not sure where you're going with that, but do look up the definition when you get a moment.

Happy trialing and peace on Earth to all.

• Thanks 1

Another thread hijacked by the keyboard warriors... what happened to keeping things on-topic?

"Mainstream" (route to ownership), as in buying a Gas Gas, Beta, Honda, etc... nothing to do with material science. Would be nice if people read the thread before deploying sarcasm.

• Like 1

The thing is it's nice to be different and to be a trials rider is a bit odd to start with.

I suppose if we all did the sensible thing we would all be on 4rts.

As far as odd bikes go the Jotagas doesn't even scratch the surface of the gird's I've owned and Trialled.

Some bikes  are brilliant but totally boring I.e every 4rt and Beta ever made.