Decent trials tyre

scratcher

12 hours ago, motovita said:

The 250 pound motorcycle is likely a factor. I think the MT43 may have stiffer sidewalls than the Pirellis you used in the old days.

The model tire you are talking about is as old as the Aprilia. But that is not the old days! I still have some brand new ones from the seventies!

Whilst on the subject of decent Trials tyres, I'm looking for a 3.50x18 (no idea what that converts to in new sizing).............Have found one on ebay, not a known make a far as I know, and I guess at a push it will do the job, - but ?

Cannot go 400x18 as it rubs on swing arm

Bike is a 70's 123 cota, which originally had 17" rear wheel............

Anyone any idea's ?

6 hours ago, Twinshockandy said:

Whilst on the subject of decent Trials tyres, I'm looking for a 3.50x18 (no idea what that converts to in new sizing).............Have found one on ebay, not a known make a far as I know, and I guess at a push it will do the job, - but ?

Cannot go 400x18 as it rubs on swing arm

Bike is a 70's 123 cota, which originally had 17" rear wheel............

Anyone any idea's ?

I've seen them here in the USA using inexpensive dual sport tires, Shinko, Kenda, etc. Whatever fits and has a vaguely Trialsy tread pattern.

a - most tech data sheets will say something like no tubeless tyre is designed to go below 6 psi (and not risk the chance of rim failure) - now that's not how we all use them but that's what the small print says ...

b -  all proper trials tyres are 400x18, except the x lights (made in metric @ 120/100/18). you should be able to get trial pattern tyres from mitas, cheng shin and maybe some others but they won't be a trials like (compound, etc) as the rest

14 hours ago, rabie said:

a - most tech data sheets will say something like no tubeless tyre is designed to go below 6 psi (and not risk the chance of rim failure) - now that's not how we all use them but that's what the small print says ...

b -  all proper trials tyres are 400x18, except the x lights (made in metric @ 120/100/18). you should be able to get trial pattern tyres from mitas, cheng shin and maybe some others but they won't be a trials like (compound, etc) as the rest

Hi Rabie, the tubless issue would not be a problem, as I run tubes;