Please help

Art

Can some one please tell me why my alpina 250 will sit and idle and rev up good but soon as u put it in gear let out on clutch it just bogs out and goes dead? Thanks any suggestions please

You maybe need to check a few more things out first before hand. Does bike free wheel, brakes not locked on. Can you put bike in gear with dead engine and push bike with clutch pulled in. Have you found a false neutral and are trying to pull away in too higher gear ie 5th. What work has been recently done, is bike new to you??

Ok I have owned dirt bikes threewheelers four wheelers my hole life, no I'm not taking off in too high of a gear, yes u can push bike with it in gear and clutch pulled in, no brakes r not locked. This is the first bultaco I have ever owned, somebody took it to the scrap yard one of my friends works at so I got it took it home got it firing,  it took me about a month to figure out why it wasn't cranking up thanks to the help of someone on here I grounded it to where coil is and it fired up I cleaned carb anywsy in bout three days I had it idling reving up it runs like a champ until I put it in gear 1st gear let out on clutch just like I'm suppose to and it just boggs out and goes dead . How can it idle, and rev up so good then bog out and go dead when I just barely start to take off? Now I am having some trouble with throttle cable that might have some thing to do with it I feel like some how it is, maybe i don't have some thing just right with the throttle cable

First thing sounds strange but very important to all Bultacos:

You have set the distance between points to exactly 0.4mm, this is more important then the right setting to TDC.

Try to start the engine and then go through gears without chain on sprockets just to confirm it ia an engine problem.

I had a somewhat similar problem on an MR50.  It ran fine until under a load but at this point I don't remember if it stalled or simply ran poorly.  I found a wire under the flywheel that had rubbed on the flywheel so was kind of bare.  It may have been to the points.  I taped and moved the wire to eliminate the issue.  My theory was that as compression pressure went up, voltage required to spark went up and the voltage would arc to the flywheel.  

Ok I have owned dirt bikes threewheelers four wheelers my hole life, no I'm not taking off in too high of a gear, yes u can push bike with it in gear and clutch pulled in, no brakes r not locked. This is the first bultaco I have ever owned, somebody took it to the scrap yard one of my friends works at so I got it took it home got it firing,  it took me about a month to figure out why it wasn't cranking up thanks to the help of someone on here I grounded it to where coil is and it fired up I cleaned carb anywsy in bout three days I had it idling reving up it runs like a champ until I put it in gear 1st gear let out on clutch just like I'm suppose to and it just boggs out and goes dead . How can it idle, and rev up so good then bog out and go dead when I just barely start to take off? Now I am having some trouble with throttle cable that might have some thing to do with it I feel like some how it is, maybe i don't have some thing just right with the throttle cable

7 hours ago, Art said:

Dragging it out of the dump may have been the wrong move here!!!

• 2 months later...