wilson882

MK1 247 CRANKSHAFT

Hi

I am looking for a crankshaft for a very early Mk 1 247 cota (1969) as the one i have is cracked any info welcome.

Thank you

Ian

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

Yes thanks i might have to go that way if one cant be found that can be refurbished.

6 hours ago, wilson882 said:

Yes thanks i might have to go that way if one cant be found that can be refurbished.

Looks like it’s been used as an anchor!⚓️

• Haha 1

Wilson - 

What distinguishes this early crank from later ones ?

Would it be possible to use a later crank ?

Is your engine no. 21M.....followed by earlier/later than serial no. 1079 ?   (I have an engine broken with that serial no. - this one had snapped its crankpin.......)

On 13/07/2018 at 6:51 PM, wilson882 said:

Hi

I am looking for a crankshaft for a very early Mk 1 247 cota (1969) as the one i have is cracked any info welcome.

Thank you

Ian

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

Try Dave in the US, known as "cyclesavant" on ebay, https://www.ebay.com/str/cyclesavantsmotorcycleparts/21M-Cota-Trials-247-250cc/_i.html?_storecat=949013919 .

He acquired an enormous amount of Montesa NOS some years ago, can't see what you need on his site at the moment but that doesn't mean he doesn't have it, I have found him very reliable to deal with. 

Below is the earliest exploded view of a Cota 247 crankshaft that I can find, I think this covers your model, you could use these part numbers when corresponding with Dave or anyone else. Quality of pic is ordinary. Best of luck.

Cota_247_mk_1_crankshaft20180716_16050592.jpg

• Like 1