4RT Cam shaft seal

Rapidroy

Rubber seal  part number 12312-nn4-000 the bike popped and the seal disappeared of the bike today

cant find the seal

Has anyone came across this before ? 

Possibly down to the head breather blocked

Anything else I need to check ?

Need to track down the part

Thanks will start ringing around on Monday 

looks like the head breather tube was connected to the air filter box instead of the crank breather tube

Would that be enough to pop the seal?

Edited by Rapidroy

40 minutes ago, Rapidroy said:

Thanks will start ringing around on Monday 

looks like the head breather tube was connected to the air filter box instead of the crank breather tube

Would that be enough to pop the seal?

I wouldn't expect it to be, however I never done that before so don't know for sure.  I have been surprised many times in the past at what I have seen happen with miss configurations, so wouldn't put it past it being able to.

The underside of the piston on any downward stroke will create a pressure in the crankcase. If this pressure cannot vent or escape it will find or make its own way out, such as blowing oil out of the main bearing seals, forcing oil seals out of their housings etc. So your breather pipe looks as though it was the issue here. Make sure all breathers are correctly routed and fitted to the correct inlet or outlet, check to make sure no breather pipes or connection points are blocked. Excess crankcase pressure can severely restrict engine performance.??

I’m sure any Honda dealer will sort you out. If you have a part number they won’t care what bike it’s on . The beauty of owning a major manufacture made bike.

probably get it next day??

1 hour ago, section swept said:

The underside of the piston on any downward stroke will create a pressure in the crankcase. If this pressure cannot vent or escape it will find or make its own way out, such as blowing oil out of the main bearing seals, forcing oil seals out of their housings etc. So your breather pipe looks as though it was the issue here. Make sure all breathers are correctly routed and fitted to the correct inlet or outlet, check to make sure no breather pipes or connection points are blocked. Excess crankcase pressure can severely restrict engine performance.??

An article by one of my favourite authors on a topic related to your last sentence:

www.cycleworld.com/its-obvious-once-you-understand-it

• Thanks 1