GasGas - expected life of water pump and thermal switches

Gregm

Hi,

I currently have 2011 GasGas 280 pro which I have had to fit two water pump kits and again last July I purchased a 2015 water pump hoping that an upgrade would have a longer life but last week end it blew another pump seal, didn't even last 12 months, checked  my log and the bike would have completed about 25-30 hours in the last twelve months and only ridden at club trials in president grade.

Can you tell me if this has been a common problem, is there any warranty from GasGas, would the type of coolant make any difference, I generally flush out the coolant system during replacement.

Also in the last 3 1/2 years I have fitted two new thermal switches, could a bad earth be the problem.

Hope you can clear up some of my concerns.

Regards

• Like 1

Was having a similar water pump seal problem with my sherco, would only last a couple months of minimal use. Problem solved by sourcing seals from a different oem dealer. Found that the shoddy seals looked exactly the same as the good ones but the material was crap, when removed they had zero elasticity against the brand new impeller shaft. I have found the quality seals to last many years easily on my bikes. Good luck on your fix

As noted above, I've never had one go, so I'd suspect something else is perhaps causing the failure. I've had 3 GG's now... the first 2 went 300 hours, the current one is on 100 (over relatively short time spans).

Edited by heffergm

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

It looks will be purchasing replacement parts for the water pump, a new fan and radiator cap, I hope this may extend the life of the water pump and thermal switch.

I will also fully flush out the cooling system and clean all the electrical earths.

Thanks

Greg