Sign in to follow this  
inchhigh

TRS clutch biting point

Hi my 18 250 clutch is a bit rough on the biting point . it's when I do tight turns it pushes the front . I run the nils gear oil . I see that you can get different spring plate anyone tryed these 

Edited by inchhigh

Get a go on another of the same and compare. It may be that there is a adjustment issue or the clutch may need stripping and all the plates checked for warping and rough edges etc. Not sure about the oil, but the manufacturers specification should be used on such a new bike. Maybe you need to go back to dealer and see if there is a warranty or rectification notification on this problem. I’m sure someone will be along soon with the oil type and fix for the clutch. 🙂

I've exactly the same bike than yours and the same problem.  I noticed a progressively harder and rough clutch durign the first 20 minutes after uncrated.  Drained the original oil («NILS» I suppose as owner's manual states).  Was extremly liquid with an horrible odour, lots of bubbles in surface, touch as dissolvent...  Both magnets in drains were full of a ferric-fibrose mud that I expect wasn't ride througt the holes that lubricate the main bearings.

After change to a common 75W gear oil, the thing goes better, but I suspect that the fiber discs are somehow degradated and inflated (so the harder touch in handlebar).

I've wrote a notification to TRS by mean of my dealer.  Could be a case of a bad batch of oil?  At the moment, I've no answer from factory, but I have confidence in Marc and Jordis.

Cheers,

JM

I have the same problem when I got my new 17 250 raga.

i was out of possible adjustment,different oils and bleeding the system 10 times as well new master cylinder and nothing helped.My importer take the bike and said he replace the whole clutch assembly but the bike did never have the clutch working good and always drag.

On the end I sold the bike.

Seems like someone at the NILS factory made a boo boo and loaded the gear oil stickers on the Dot 4 filling lane or other incorrect fluid was labelled gear oil.

In the uk speak to steve saunders he will advise.

Whether its a bad batch of oil based on two completely different makes of bikes is an assumption too far imho.

6 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

In the uk speak to steve saunders he will advise.

Whether its a bad batch of oil based on two completely different makes of bikes is an assumption too far imho.

He is talking about a TRRS nigel .....GasGas do not sell a 17 Raga rep. All three bikes are TRS's

Edited by oni nou

Hi,

The new oil was better, but can't get ride of a pulsating clutch when you need a light, sustained slip.  Symptom of a damaged fiber disc, or warped metallic one...  I'll inspect the set, not a huge work but nasty in a brand new bike.

JM

16 hours ago, oni nou said:

He is talking about a TRRS nigel .....GasGas do not sell a 17 Raga rep. All three bikes are TRS's

he was my mistake, ten years of gas gas raga reps, and someone calls a trrs  a raga rep you can guess the rest....