evo main bearings

Tony63

Hi, my 2011 evo 250 now needs new main bearings and seals, not a problem for me to do myself but I usually buy bearings and seals from suppliers and not from beta in this case. The trouble is the workshop manual only gives the part No,  what I really need is the bearing and seal sizes, can anyone help please.

Nearly all bearings and seals carry identification serial numbers eg 6203-56 etc. and possibly you already know this. Although there are many bearing and seal suppliers, Simply Bearings have been excellent in supplying me with all my needs they have an excellent website that allows you to compare and choose from top quality to lower priced components for application needs. Have you not kept the old parts to refer to? Take off the seal carriers and you may be able to identify the seals and bearings, I may be wrong here, either way I’d carry out a bit of a flush through to remove any metal particles if the bearings are seriously worn.?You could try Feetup Trial Sport e-bay store, they may give specs or supply if the prices meet your spending needs.

Edited by section swept

The mains are - 6206-2ZC4, originals are SKF and have to be C4 fit

and the seals are - 25*35*7 BTSL. Make sure you get the right crank seals! The Beta seals are quite expensive so I used KTM125 SX seals, much cheaper!! They should be part No 0760253570 but do your own homework!

3 hours ago, johnnyr1 said:

The mains are - 6206-2ZC4, originals are SKF and have to be C4 fit

and the seals are - 25*35*7 BTSL. Make sure you get the right crank seals! The Beta seals are quite expensive so I used KTM125 SX seals, much cheaper!! They should be part No 0760253570 but do your own homework!

What no cribbing then either! ??‍??‍??‍??

Myself, I just got 6206 c4 bearings and opened them up. I went ahead and got the Beta seals along with the gaskets. This sealed main bearing thing is BS. That is what the 2 stroke oil is for.

Edited by lineaway
  • Like 1