heffergm

23 minutes ago, sirdabalot said:

New swinging arm cos the old one were loads of bother?

Its will probably turn out to be identical in the width where the hub fits .... just different with the new scooped out sides and slight difference in shape.

Well it looks just like all the others....nothing amazing. Bullet proof clutch...Kevlar no less, enter lots of ‘what oil should I use comments’. Crankshaft bearings that allow correct lubrication??? Were the old ones bad? 

The advert ought to read...well we’ve had a look at all the others and we just want your money, so we’ve covered the bike in stickies, colourful ones as well and chiseled a few channels in the ally and cut the clutch cover in half...give us yer money.... we had to leave the wheels round, the 3D model worked fine on screen but we want your money so we had to be realistic because you actually ride our products...give us your money....why we even left it with a carb so that you can fiddle and buy spurious tuning gizmos and worry about set up settings....Hey we even made a side stand that you can operate with your boot sole, surely a first...give us your money. Now we’ve got loads of your money we can pay a good rider to make the bike perform amazingly well...any where...

I must buy one so that I to can just sit on the bike by a section and look amazing ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, section swept said:

Well it looks just like all the others....nothing amazing. Bullet proof clutch...Kevlar no less, enter lots of ‘what oil should I use comments’. Crankshaft bearings that allow correct lubrication??? Were the old ones bad? 

The advert ought to read...well we’ve had a look at all the others and we just want your money, so we’ve covered the bike in stickies, colourful ones as well and chiseled a few channels in the ally and cut the clutch cover in half...give us yer money.... we had to leave the wheels round, the 3D model worked fine on screen but we want your money so we had to be realistic because you actually ride our products...give us your money....why we even left it with a carb so that you can fiddle and buy spurious tuning gizmos and worry about set up settings....Hey we even made a side stand that you can operate with your boot sole, surely a first...give us your money. Now we’ve got loads of your money we can pay a good rider to make the bike perform amazingly well...any where...

I must buy one so that I to can just sit on the bike by a section and look amazing ? 

#Nebulous, he's trying to out bizarre you !

• Like 3

" If we delve into its heart, we find one of the main modifications of this model: new crankshaft bearings that ensure the correct lubrication of the engine, ensure the hermetic fit of the assembly and, in turn, allow its easy and convenient maintenance from the exterior."

Can sumbody splains tome wtf this means?

4 hours ago, copemech said:

" allow its easy and convenient maintenance from the exterior."

This bit seems to hint that the main bearings are exchangeable from the outside without splitting the casings. Major no no IMO

The rest.... pass

Edited by faussy

11 hours ago, copemech said:

" If we delve into its heart, we find one of the main modifications of this model: new crankshaft bearings that ensure the correct lubrication of the engine, ensure the hermetic fit of the assembly and, in turn, allow its easy and convenient maintenance from the exterior."

Seems to me that it implies that the main/crank bearings are held in  housings that are separate to the crankcases and can be unbolted from the crankcase exterior face and worked on away from the motor ....if that is correct and it works then that makes it a doddle to work on

• Like 1

On 26/07/2018 at 5:09 AM, copemech said:

Hermetic is an air tight seal, that’s a devastating use of the incorrect phrasing, virtually an admission that the last engine had air leaks!! ? But it sounds as though they have employed cassette style main bearing carriers, possibly also using a bearing that has a seal in the outside edge of the bearing, that used with an oil seal might give produce the ‘hermetic effect’ they waffle on about. But as we know Bultaco and others used back to back crank main bearing oil seals so nothing new there, but added frictional losses to account for. 

Oh dear, by translating the English to English we arrive at a conundrum. “New crankshaft bearings that ensure the correct lubrication of the engine” c’ est impossible!!! Were previous engines not lubricated correctly? Just how can a bearing ensure correct lubrication, a bearing might ensure correct location and hold the crank in alignment however, you would need an oiling system to ensure correct lubrication. As we know the two stroke uses the total loss method.??‍?

30 minutes ago, Nebulous said:

Either English isn’t your first language - or you are a bit slow off the mark.

For instance - The managing-director of Gas Gas took a picture of the new bike home to his wife.  She said “Oh , that’s revolting”!

Next day in their fresh advertising campaign -   “Gas Gas- Revolutionising the way people feel about trials-bikes!”

?slow off the mark, which or what mark are you alluding to I wonder???‍♂️?English is my furst lankwich but eye ce u over yus hyphen. 

And as for ‘next day’ come on surely a month or two must pass before anything new comes out of the marketing department....

Did the M.D. take a picture or could it have been a photograph! 

I think by trials bike standards GG did a decent job of including some useful changes. The two piece clutch cover is much appreciated. The swingarm change I don't understand. The external crank bearings are nice, assuming it's all well engineered. The kevlar clutch means it's a full Xiu setup, which saves me having to change anything. It isn't ugly. Job done. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1