Beta Techno clutch problems

Bernie the Bolt

Hi one and all.

I have read lots of little bits on here that mention similar problems to what I am experiencing. When cold little or no clutch, with not a lot of improvement when warmer.

Bike is new to me, so I want to change the engine oil, as no idea what is in there or how old it is.

My first question is what oil should I be using? The manual says 20W/30 yet I read lots of posts about using ATF, some not so good. Is there a recommended oil that is used to alleviate the cold clutch issues?

I have also read comments about a clutch modification for Techno bikes, but cannot find a link to see what it is. Can anyone help.

I need to get this right as my lad is busting to start riding and learn his skills, but starting your bike riding life with little or no clutch is not really fair, us older more experienced riders can possibly get away with it. Having said this, it nearly dumped me when I got it going last night to test the swinging arm rebuild.

Any advise is appreciated.

Bernie the bolt.

2 hours ago, Bernie the Bolt said:

Hi

Thanks for responding, What do you mean by "top of this forum" and has the fix "pinned" ?

Sorry I am new to using forums....

Cheers

Bernie

Clic on forums at the top left of the page then scroll down until you get to Beta in the bike specific forums. ....clic on Beta then at the top of that page the Clutch fix should be pinned ...clic on that to open the thread.

Edited by oni nou