Piuma Kickstarter

markg

Paul Arnott at the Hell team would be your best bet for the kickstart. There was a rumor years ago[maybe 10yrs] of someone getting a batch of them made here in Newcastle [Aus] but unsure if it ever happened. The kickstart issue is the main reason I sold mine and its a real pity because the last Piumas are an underrated very good bike.

Cheers Greg

Hi, I've found that the kickstart lever from a minarela  (sic) 125 engine, the sort used on back kick Fantics, is the same spline. Although this type is slightly shorter (not as tall) it works for me. As for the shaft, they were sold on e bay UK several years ago,  Steve Goode Motorcycles is the Italjet man...here in UK, he may know who sold these shafts, or may even have them in stock....ps Piuma....means 'feather' ...should be white frame/white tank, alloy wheel spindles, apart from that...just about the same as any 250/350 Italjet Trials. 

Edited by ask greeves
extra info

8 hours ago, markg said:

Thanks, I’ll try the Hell team. 

I have read a lot of posts saying the old gasser kickstarts fit but can’t find a model and year mentioned. 

Hi Mark, I tried some years ago to determine the same but never got a resolve and the Italjet has taken a back seat since anyway.  I think I also asked Paul at the Hell Team at the time,  but being unfamiliar with the Italjet, he was not sure back then but he might know now?

Try a message to Graham, aka "bullylover", I think he bought one years ago from Steve Goode in the UK who doesn't seem to list them anymore, even when he did the GG part # or year/model seemed to be a closely guarded secret. Let me know how you get on, please.

Edited by fourex

Hello Mark and Fourex. I have bought one from Steve Goode a few years ago but it was not for me and I can`t remember which Gas Gas it was from. I should be able to find out though. I can also take a photo of the kickstart which someone else might be able to identify which model it is from. Steve Goode would also know so maybe just contact him. Graham.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ask greeves said:

Hi, I've found that the kickstart lever from a minarela  (sic) 125 engine, the sort used on back kick Fantics, is the same spline. Although this type is slightly shorter (not as tall) it works for me. As for the shaft, they were sold on e bay UK several years ago,  Steve Goode Motorcycles is the Italjet man...here in UK, he may know who sold these shafts, or may even have them in stock....ps Piuma....means 'feather' ...should be white frame/white tank, alloy wheel spindles, apart from that...just about the same as any 250/350 Italjet Trials. 

The Piuma is quite a bit different to the earlier all green models and rides a whole lot better, they have different forks [marzocchi] , different triple clamps, different rear shocks, lighter flywheels in the engine, significantly different frame [lightened in almost every area] and of course the alloy wheel axles/spindles - makes for a much nicer lighter ride

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...