Difficulty finding neutral

Fatboydel888

I am having problems finding neutral on my 2011 txt 250 pro. It seems to go straight from first to second and then second straight back to first. No matter how careful I am, even by hand it is difficult and I have to stop the engine to be able to find it.

13 minutes ago, Fatboydel888 said:

I am having problems finding neutral on my 2011 txt 250 pro. It seems to go straight from first to second and then second straight back to first. No matter how careful I am, even by hand it is difficult and I have to stop the engine to be able to find it.

That is how they are unfortunately  all you can do is make sure the clutch lever is adjusted correctly to make sure the plates separate enough and put ATF DEXRON III in the gearbox to help..... also make sure the adjustment is correct as in the Jim Snell video on youtube as follows https://youtu.be/G55FU27Z9bU  CLIC this

Edited by oni nou

I used a variation of the rev and go, as suggested already, on my 2011 300 gasser. 

Put the bike in second gear, rev it a bit and lightly tap the gear lever downwards with the ball of your foot, I stress lightly otherwise you end up in bottom gear. It usually worked for me.