2009 250 problems

guy53

19 hours ago, Nebulous said:

Stirling Moss once said that he used to walk the paddock at race-meets - and spot the cars where the mechanic or driver had taken the trouble to black the sides of the tyres. He said those were the cars that generally did well - as well as the drivers.   So preparation and presentation counts for a lot.

Plenty of bikes out there , sold by used car-dealers with steam-cleaners and wd40. The ebay pics will have water on the tyres. They may look shiny - but that’s the stuff they put in the water - not the bike!  

These two sentences seem to almost contradict each other! Are we looking for shiny or non-shiny tyres? or just shiny black, but not wet tyres!

Also check linkage bearing movement. Not a big one to repair, but it is a common wear area. I always look under the bike - the bash plate and rear linkages are a good indiction of the sort of treatment it has had. And check inside the airbox, lots of clean bikes on the outside reveal all sorts of interesting stuff when you pop the airbox cover! it's a good reflection on owner maintenance.

Thank's for the reply

I have a little experience with bike, but I know very little about Gas Gas, I've seen a few picture off frames with crack, what about some with a red cylinder head ?

Guy