Electronic Ignition

b40rt

Yes very nice, I have already asked about an enhanced version with additional coil for providing electricity for lights, a rear stop light and a horn at least,
(minimum requirement for riding street legal on the continent)

• Confused 1

At last, Martin! A little late, but definitely worth waiting for! 

Of course, there are other systems like these available and there are other ways to go electronic for everyone willing to do a little homework, too. However, as bolt-on and go systems, these look very interesting and good value for money, the PRO version in particular (of course). Regarding lights and such things, a total loss system with a small NiMH battery somewhere on your bike, usually keep police and MOT-people happy.

38 minutes ago, turbohead said:

a total loss system with a small NiMH battery somewhere on your bike, usually keep police and MOT-people happy.

Not, working the battery solution is already used for the flashes for the techical TÜV test every two years.

To any other riding with roadwork, the task is light's, stop light and horn in use, this can be easely looked up and tested by every police or forrestale as light's have to be switched on on the continent during the day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2018 at 1:26 PM, b40rt said:

@pschrauber tell you tomorrow Patrik, long single lap trial with refuelling out on the moors. Typically the ignition would overheat and feel like it was running weak.

It's on the TX300.

Any update Ross? Did you go for the Pro or standard version?

Edited by cleanorbust

3 hours ago, cleanorbust said:

Any update Ross? Did you go for the Pro or standard version?

I went for the pro version, havn't used the power setting enough to give an impression. Ridden 2 trials and the standard setting is very good in every way. 

The old system was even worse than I had thought, first gear is longer and grips better, I have had to turn the petrol screw in about 1/2 a turn ! (Was one and a half turns out previously)

My first trial with it fitted was the northern experts, 5 or 6 hours long, and about 6 litres of petrol, so a good varied test.  All positive so far. ?

• 1 month later...

I also have the electronic ignition from Martin a few weeks ago. I bought the Clubman model, I’m a lower lever rider so I didn’t think I would benefit from the pro model. It works great! Still starts first or second kick, the power woke right up, my timing was off. I’m impressed and happy I bought it!  Bike runs consistent now! Easy to install! I am waiting to hear about the lighting coil, but I’m not too worried about it. I’m sure they will come up with something.

Edited by dozerash

• 3 years later...

My bike is still running great with this ignition system! No problems! The only complaint is not having the lighting coil. Has anyone been able to install a lighting coil with this system? I would rather not bother with battery lights. We have a couple of night trials, the sections are under lights but it’s nice to have a headlight on from section to section.