Trs ground clearance

jon kay

Notice my mates Beta Evo has more ground clearance than my trs . Linkage bearings are good and sag is no more than 15mm . 

Doesn't stop me riding just bugs me now I'm aware of the difference .

Anyone else noticed or has a suggestion on a fix ?

Modern riding techniques mean that ground clearance is not as important as it once was, you are just going to learn how to unweight the bike over obstacles or double blip etc. You may find your slightly lower ground clearance has advantages in the stability department.

At one time tight turning radius was all important, then moving the back round became possible so steering round was no longer the only way to position your bike.

I bet my Ariel turns tighter than your modern bike, there again I can't for the life of me move the back round ! ,it also has very good ground clearance as unweighting that hefferlump does not happen !

The TRS balances better.  Has better power. Is more stable. The gearing ratio is better. The skid plate is made to protect the linkage. Oh yah, the TRS can out turn a Beta. Whiner.

Edited by lineaway