Beta Evo 250 2011 coolant bleed procedure

Jonny evs123

Hi guys. Just bought a 2nd beta evo. I'm doing all the usual basic changes oil, filter plug etc. I need to change the coolant as it is dirty, Was wondering where you can't bleed the cooling system from? Pictures would be great. Hope u can help ?

Edited by Jonny evs123

I don’t think the 11 has a bleed screw, I remember my 15 having one in the top of the head? Just give the hoses a good squeeze, and fill steady. Lift the front wheel up so the filler neck is as as close to vertical as you can get it, top up again and repeat squeezing hoses. Have a feeling there is something in the manual about lifting the front wheel when filling coolant, have a look on beta website you can download manuals for free there.

Just keep and eye on the coolant when you first ride it,  they will spit a bit until a level is found.

58 minutes ago, dan929 said:

I don’t think the 11 has a bleed screw, I remember my 15 having one in the top of the head? Just give the hoses a good squeeze, and fill steady. Lift the front wheel up so the filler neck is as as close to vertical as you can get it, top up again and repeat squeezing hoses. Have a feeling there is something in the manual about lifting the front wheel when filling coolant, have a look on beta website you can download manuals for free there.

Just keep and eye on the coolant when you first ride it,  they will spit a bit until a level is found.

Cheers Dan, I was just afraid there would be an air lock and the bike would over heat? 

Yup your right, they will spit some out but only when up to pressure. Maybe if you get an air lock or pump cavitates it will just loose coolant as there won’t be much flow? 

Everyone  has their own way, but I’ve not had an issue yet with filling up level, squeezing hoses then lifting the front up and topping up and repeating a few times until I’ve drank a brew or two, I suspect rushing is half the problem. Just check the level when I ride it next for peace of mind more than anything