Can I get a cylinder and piston for my beta evo 2017 125 to make it a 250cc or 300cc

T Gallagher

I own a 2017 beta evo 125 2 t and now feel it needs more power I would like to know if it’s possible to buy a cylinder and piston from a 250cc or 300cc and put that on the engine or get it bored out and where I can get it bored thank you ...p.s. I live in bury manchester 

2 hours ago, T Gallagher said:

I own a 2017 beta evo 125 2 t and now feel it needs more power I would like to know if it’s possible to buy a cylinder and piston from a 250cc or 300cc and put that on the engine or get it bored out and where I can get it bored thank you ...p.s. I live in bury manchester 

I'm afraid not. The 125 has a shorter stroke so even if the bigger barrel fitted you'd be looking at a new crankshaft, plus carb and CDI unit, possibly flywheel  and exhaust header too. 

The message is, if you want a 250 or 300, buy one.

Edited by cleanorbust

A big bore kit was available from S3 for the Gas Gas 125 but I have never seen anything for the beta.  Someone suggested that it was just a shortened 250 barrel but trying that on a beta would be a project.

https://shop-s3.com/gb/cylinders/244-kit-cylinder-piston-gaskets-head-cover-gas-gas-tr-225cc.html?search_query=gas+gas+225&results=2