TY 250A new upper end con rod bearing new p/n?

Tillerman6

Just about to send off my cylinder to Millenium Technologies for re-work.  Trying to source a new upper end con rod bearing for the 74 TY 250 A. I have sources for everything else.  The part number listed in the factory documentation says it is  93310-21854     But the one I found at Yamaha Partshouse (Babbits) was listed as 93310-218A6-00 .

Don't know if this is the same part or if someone has a cross reference list somewhere? Or if there is a NOS part still in the wrapper that someone is willing to part with?

Just trying to avoid a SNAFU at the time when everything goes back together.

The old bearing was missing a roller when I took it out of the engine.

According to TY Trials the bearing is the same for all twinshock 250s, their wossner kit includes the bearing so it may be possible that when you get your kit there will be 1 included

Not hard to get the dimensions of the bearing to cross reference sizes, measure inside of conrod, outside of pin & width of the bearing cage. Partzilla is normally good for seeing what other Yamahas use the same part, would be surprised if it's not a common part

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tony27 said:

According to TY Trials the bearing is the same for all twinshock 250s, their wossner kit includes the bearing so it may be possible that when you get your kit there will be 1 included

Not hard to get the dimensions of the bearing to cross reference sizes, measure inside of conrod, outside of pin & width of the bearing cage. Partzilla is normally good for seeing what other Yamahas use the same part, would be surprised if it's not a common part

Tony,  Small potatoes, but Wossener does not include the bearing- Just heard from Wossener customer service this morning.   I will order one from Partzilla.