98’ 270 running issues when up to temp

Rich-B

Hi bike kicks up fine and runs sweet off the choke then as soon as it starts to get up to temp about the point I get on it to ride it just bogs down when I blip the throttle or cuts out! 

Is there anywhere I can find the factory carb mixture and tick over screw settings or what do people recommend?

carb has been cleaned, tank cleaned, new fuel tap and filter, balancing pipe ok no other obvious air leaks

cheers Rich 

4 hours ago, Rich-B said:

Hi bike kicks up fine and runs sweet off the choke then as soon as it starts to get up to temp about the point I get on it to ride it just bogs down when I blip the throttle or cuts out! 

Is there anywhere I can find the factory carb mixture and tick over screw settings or what do people recommend?

carb has been cleaned, tank cleaned, new fuel tap and filter, balancing pipe ok no other obvious air leaks

cheers Rich 

Clic on this. https://youtu.be/QT7XK4123hI 

Your carb has fuel flow problems ...probably the pilot jet is blocked or restricted or you have other fuel flow to the carb float bowl problems . There is no balancing pipe if you have a pipe running from 1 breather on the slide tower to the other and they are not vented then that is your problem.

Your bike should be running with a 2t oil mix of 80:1 or 12.5 cc of fully synthetic oil to 1 litre of petrol this is not      

up for question its a don't tell your grandma's[plural]how to suck eggs thing.

Edited by oni nou
  • Thanks 1

I have changed the spark plug as it wasn’t quite the correct one fitted! 

I had it running up to temp today and it was running but hunting a bit so after some slight tuning on the mixture Iv had it running really well at normal running temperature, thanks for all the advice ??